Pintor Miguel Font

Miguel Font



NOTA IMPORTANTE: Continuamente estaremos recopilando y actualizando los datos biográficos de los artistas plásticos registrados y sus obras a medida que la recibamos. Pueden enviar la información a: casasilvanapr@gmail.com

DATOS

I'm originally from Humacao, a town in the Eastern coast of Puerto Rico. Since early age I was wrapped up with drawing and painting. A self-taught painter, my early curiosity about all living things and the urge to preserve their complex vitality guided me to experimenting with different media such as pencil, tempera, ink, watercolor, acrylic, and oil. As a life-long bird-watcher, the main topic of my early artwork has been Nature. To this day Nature is still the main topic of my work!

At age six my family moved to Barrio Obrero, in San Juan. After finally harmonizing artistic inclination with social adjustments, at age seventeen received a scholarship to the University of Puerto Rico. There, I progressed to Natural Sciences as Biology major. College years served to accentuate my admiration and respect for Nature. However, subsistence realities of the time dictated for me to keep a "regular job"; which I did in San Juan and later in Florida. After retirement from work my wife and I moved to Henderson, Nevada. In Nevada my work was exhibited at a number of expositions. For several years I was honored with the presidency of the Henderson Art Association. Thanks to the kindness of a fellow painter Zulia Gotay Anderson some of my work was also exhibited at several galleries in Padre Island, Texas.

After twelve years in Nevada, my wife Isora and I moved back to Florida in order to be closer to family. As this website shows, my work's primary subjects are Nature, people and pets. Thanks to technology, hopefully this website will help you enjoy some of my work from the comfort of your house or work place. Your comments and suggestions are always welcome!


Web page: http://www.miguelfont.net/

OBRAS 








Comentarios